by Lisa Tome
The goal is to assure that no child in Cecil goes hungry this summer.
Free meals for children and teens are being offered at various locations throughout the county this year.
The free meals are for those ages 18 and under and are provided by Cecil County Public Schools in cooperation with the Maryland State Department of Education.
"The Summer Food Service Program is a vital part of Cecil County, because it allows students the opportunity to have a nutritious meal throughout the summer months," said Geoffrey Sudzina, assistant in food and nutrition for Cecil County Public Schools.
Hot meals are offered Monday through Thursday for lunch. Friday lunches are cold meals.
The meals are offered free of charge to those ages 18 and under. Adults may bring exact change and pay to eat at any location.
The following sites are serving up food this summer Monday through Friday:
• Windsor Village, 303 Friendship Road, Elkton, serving through August 19 breakfast 9:30-10 a.m./lunch 11:30-noon
• Concord Apartments Mill Creek Road, building 1600, Perryville, serving through August 19 breakfast 8:30-a.m./lunch 11:30-noon
• Gardens at Chesapeake 1000 Abbott Drive, Elkton, serving through August 19 lunch 12:30-1 p.m.
• Gilpin Manor Elementary serving June 27-July 28 breakfast 9-9:30 a.m./lunch 11:45-12:15
• Holly Hall Elementary serving June 27-July 28 breakfast 9-9:30 a.m./lunch 11:45-12:15
• North Bay Apartments Cedar Hill Circle, North East, serving through August 19 lunch noon until 1 p.m.
• North East Elementary Thomas Avenue, North East, June 27 - July 28 breakfast 9:15-10:15/lunch noon until 1 p.m.
• Perryville Police Department Outreach, Otsego Street, Perryville serving lunch through August 19 12:30 until 1 p.m.
• Riverwoods at North East, 1000 Riverwoods Road, serving lunch noon until 1 p.m. through August 19
• Rudy Park 101 Rudy Park, Elkton, serving breakfast and lunch through August 19 breakfast 8:30-9 a.m./lunch 12:30 - 1 p.m.
• Thomson Estates Elementary serving breakfast and lunch June 27 - July 28 breakfast 9:15-10:15/lunch noon until 1 p.m. Lunch from June 20-23 and June 27-30 noon until 1 p.m.
• North East Middle School, East Cecil Avenue serving through August 19 breakfast 8:15-8:45 a.m./lunch 11:15 - 12:15.
"We definitely have a need for kids to be served. This is a good program," said Jesse Lilly, director of Perryville Police Department Outreach Program.
Comments are closed.