by Lisa Tome
While the Town of Cecilton is nearing the beginning of new downtown development, they haven't forgotten the way things used to be.
Council member Robert Boulden has seen to that.
Boulden recently donated three flea market finds to the town. The three pictures show parts of the town history which may have been forgotten. Two of the photos show gas stations.
One shows that the town got its first gas station in 1930. It was a Sunoco. The second picture, also circa 1930, shows a Gulf Station at Bohemia Avenue and Main Street.
Another picture shows St. Stephen's Chapel, a downtown church.
All of the pictures have been placed across the room in Cecilton's town hall from the plans for Parklands at Cecilton. Although the groundbreaking hasn't yet been held, Parklands, a 62-unit apartment complex has received zoning approval. The project will be constructed on a parcel of land which connects the Frisby's Meadows subdivision to Center Street. It will consist of 10 buildings with six apartments each in nine of the buildings. One building will have eight apartments.
This is a "green" building and will meet all those specifications. It will also feature all Energy Star appliances. There will be one, two, and three bedroom units and rentals will be according to income.
This project will also feature something that is badly needed in Cecilton. There will be a community building. That building will feature an approximate 70-person meeting room. That room will be available to community organizations and groups for use. The room will also feature a warming kitchen. Parklands at Cecilton is an Ingerman project. That company also developed the Elkton Senior Apartments on Elkton's High Street.
Comments are closed.