Fire destroyed a garage in Little Britain Township on Friday afternoon, July 26.
The blaze, which is believed to be accidental in origin, caused an estimated $95,000 damage to the building and its contents, Robert Fulton Fire Company Deputy Chief Mark Barto said.
The fire at 121 Honeysuckle Rd. was reported at 2:42 p.m. Arriving firefighters found heavy fire in the building.
"It was about two-thirds involved when I pulled up and then it flashed over," Chief Barto said.
The scene was well off the road, causing firefighters to use two pumpers in relay to get water to the garage.
The fire was under control within 10 minutes of firefighters' arrival but could not be fully extinguished until PPL arrived to turn off the power. The utility crew did not arrive until about 45 minutes after firefighters called for assistance. "The electrical service was live in the building and shooting bolts across the building. We couldn't put water on that area until the power was shut off," Chief Barto said.
Robert Fulton was assisted by equipment and volunteers from Quarryville, Oxford, Port Deposit, and Rising Sun fire companies.
There were no injuries.