Cecil County Public School Superintendent Dr. D'Ette Devine has announced administrative assignments for the school system which are effective July 1.
"Each year position vacancies created by retirements, promotions and resignations of administrators allow us a new opportunity to consider all assignments in an effort to place strong administrative teams at each school while balancing overall system needs. A great deal of discussion occurs around these decisions as we consider variables such as experience and strengths with specific needs. I am confident that we have established excellent teams for the coming school year and I know that our school communities will make their new administrators feel welcome," stated Dr. Devine.
The assignments are as follows:
• Karen Adair will be the assistant principal at Conowingo Elementary. She worked at Perryville Elementary as assistant principal.
• Travis Benner will be the assistant principal at Rising Sun Middle School. He was assistant principal at Calvert Elementary.
• Brian DeMayo has been promoted to assistant principal at Bohemia Manor High. He was a teacher at that school.
• Kimberly Eller will serve as assistant principal at Charlestown Elementary. She worked as assistant principal at Gilpin Manor Elementary.
• Edmund Fontana will be a new assistant principal at Elkton High. He had worked as assistant principal at Bohemia Manor High.
• Elsie Harrigan will be the new principal at Calvert Elementary. She was principal at Chesapeake City Elementary.
• David Hastings will be the new assistant principal at Bay View Elementary. He was assistant principal at Rising Sun Middle.
• Shawn Johnson will be assistant principal at North East Middle School. He had worked at Bay View Elementary as assistant principal.
• Jessica Kubek was an Instructional Coach at Carver Center. She will now be assistant principal at Calvert Elementary.
• Alan Loman will be principal at Chesapeake City Elementary. He was principal at Leeds Elementary.
• Lisa Lowe will be principal at North East Elementary. She was principal at Perryville Elementary.
• Nikole MacDowell was principal at North East Elementary. She will be principal at Leeds Elementary.
• Joshua Mangold was assistant principal at Conowingo Elementary. He will serve as principal at Kenmore Elementary.
• Kecia Nesmith will be assistant principal at Gilpin Manor Elementary. She worked as a teacher in Kennett Square, Pa.
• Former Calvert Elementary Principal Tony Petinga will be principal at Cecil Manor Elementary.
• Former Cecil Manor Elementary Principal Denise Sopa will be principal at North East Middle.
• Former North East Middle School Principal Al Volpe will be principal at Cherry Hill Middle.
• Former Cherry Hill Middle School Principal Berkeley Orr will now be a Pupil Personnel Worker at Carver Center.